Assistant Project Manager
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking a regular full time Assistant Project Manager in the Real Estate Development department at the main office in Oakland, CA.
The Assistant Project Manager will support senior staff (including Directors, Senior Project Managers, and Project Managers) to originate, schedule, coordinate, and implement all aspects of community real estate development projects.
Projects may include new construction and/or rehabilitation of structures for affordable housing, commercial, and other community-serving uses. This position provides broad exposure to the planning, financing, design, community engagement, and construction of these projects. Assistant Project Managers are generally expected to work on two or more projects at any one time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist senior staff to assemble and manage development teams including architects, engineers, contractors, attorneys, lenders/investors, and other professionals. Coordinate development team members and maintain cordial relationships to ensure adherence to project budget and schedule.
- Assist with coordination of internal project team members including EBALDC Property Management, Asset Management, Commercial Real Estate, Neighborhood Economic Development, and Healthy Neighborhoods staff to maintain involvement throughout the course of projects to ensure organizational goals are met.
- Assist senior staff in researching, preparing, and monitoring project budgets and schedules to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. Assist in processing and tracking payables.
- Assist senior staff in researching, developing, applying for, closing, and administering funding sources to support development including (but not limited to): Low Income Housing Tax Credits, tax exempt bonds, State and Local loans, conventional loans, and grants.
- Assist senior staff in managing the design process in order to meet organizational objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Assist senior staff to secure all required governmental and utility approvals including entitlements and building permits.
- Assist senior staff in managing the construction process to ensure completion of high-quality developments on time and within budget.
- Assist senior staff with external stakeholder involvement, including attending/coordinating community meetings, planning sessions, public hearings, and other events as required.
- Assist in transition of properties into operations, including project close-out documentation and transfer of necessary information to departments that will be responsible for property operations.
- Assist senior staff to identify and evaluate potential new development opportunities. Assist in acquisition of new properties and development opportunities.
- Attend EBALDC organizational, departmental and board meetings as needed.
- Attend training and industry conferences that are recommended by supervisor.
- Other projects as assigned by RED Director or supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strength in both verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically.
- Careful attention to detail. Thoughtful, methodical, and well-organized approach to work.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement. Proactive about seeking assistance and guidance from senior staff when encountering unfamiliar tasks and situations.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and work successfully to tight deadlines. Demonstrates a proactive approach to daily tasks.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and build positive relationships. Strong conflict-resolution skills.
- Ability to adjust to changing situations and work under pressure.
- Interest in and aptitude for finance.
- Interest in and aptitude for design and construction.
- Commitment to community development and social justice.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Planning, Architecture or a related field.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s license.
- Familiarity with basic accounting concepts, housing finance, budgets, and the real estate development process.
- Familiarity with business contracts.
- Ability to read plans, specifications, and other design/construction documentation.
- Familiarity with fundamental construction concepts.
This job requires simple grasping and fine manipulation, sitting at a desk and using a computer for extended periods of time, moderate use of telephone standing, walking, bending and reaching. Requires occasional lifting or moving of objects up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for the Assistant Project Manager position, please click the link below. Please do not call.
Benefits and Other Information:
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check.**
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer