Assistant Property Manager – Hismen Hin-Nu Terrace
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking a regular full time Assistant Property Manager at the Hismen Hin-Nu Terrace in Oakland, CA.
The Assistant Property Manager assists the Property Manager in ensuring the physical, fiscal and social soundness of a property, operating the property in accordance with appropriate lender, tax credit, US Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD), state or local governmental entities requirements and EBALDC’s internal guidelines. The duties of the Assistant Property Manager is identical to the Property Manager and assumes the latter’s responsibilities in his/her absence or as directed by his/her Property Supervisor or Director of Associate Director/Property Management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Renting Activities
- Rent Collection
- Property Maintenance & Security
- Recordkeeping & Reporting
- Other Duties assigned by supervisor
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma and/or General Education Degree
- Sound judgment
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and deal with them in an effective manner
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skills in problem solving with staff and residents
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people – personnel, residents, local agencies, contractors and owner
- Ability to take initiative and think independently
- Two or more years of Property Management experience, especially in tax credit or other subsidized housing
- Experience certifying tenant incomes to meet Section 8 and HUD regulations
- Knowledge of low income housing tax credit regulations
- Background related to tenant population of building complex (i.e., handicapped, elderly, homeless) preferred
- Bilingual in Asian language, Spanish or other language that meets needs of tenant population, preferred
- Experience with Yardi, preferred
- Maintains congenial relationships with all residents, is understanding of and sensitive to cultural background, economic status, those with special needs, and adheres to Equal Employment and Equal Housing Opportunity requirements.
- Exercises common sense, good judgement, consistency and self-control in day-to-day contact with residents and in other business-related matters.
- Demonstrates company loyalty and integrity in all financial matters, in reports to supervisors and other management personnel, in relationships with residents and co-workers.
- Approximately 40% of the job is done sitting, 30% standing and 30% walking
- Frequently walks, stoops, bends, squats (to retrieve files or pick up debris); climbs stairs, walks on uneven ground, lifts items less than 15 pounds, and reaches at, below, or above shoulder level
- Frequent face-to-face interactions with residents/staff/visitors and must speak clearly and articulate with extreme accuracy to give directions, talk on the phone, etc.
- Occasionally may lift items 16-50 pounds, push items 20 pounds, climb ladders, kneel, twist, or grasp/pull/carry/push equipment such as janitorial carts, vacuums, brooms, or mops. Must occasionally withstand heights up to the number of stories in the building
- Must be able to independently get to all areas of the property (including roof)
To review the full Assistant Property Manager (Hismen Hin-Nu Terrace) job duties and apply for the position, please click the link below. Please do not call.
Benefits and Other Information:
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check.**
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer