Floating Property Manager
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking a regular full time Floating Property Manager at the main office in Oakland, CA.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Property Management, the Floating Property Manager will be responsible for assisting the portfolio to provide management coverage for vacant or absent Assistant/Property Manager positions for one or more properties, assist with leasing affordable units throughout the portfolio and for new developments, and for providing support with compliance tasks throughout the portfolio and for the Department which will include reviewing resident files for compliance and ensuring that all EBALDC policies and procedures have been implemented in regards to its processes, Fair Housing, resident selection, and regulatory procedures.
While providing coverage for vacant or absent general manager positions, the Floating Property Manager will oversee the overall day-to-day operation of the property. This includes maintaining a supportive environment for all residents, assuring the project’s sound fiscal management, maintaining a clean, well-maintained building and grounds, maintaining occupancy which includes timely leasing, lease enforcement, and timely completion of certifications, managing the onsite staff and their duties, and interacting with and supervising vendors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Property Manager Coverage
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum two (2) or more years prior housing property management experience as an Affordable Property Manager, especially in a tax credit or other subsidized housing program
- Knowledge of regulatory agreements and ability to interpret same
- Working knowledge of applicable local and federal housing laws
- Experience certifying tenant incomes to meet Section 8 and other subsidized program’s regulations
- Computer literate. Proficient in Word and Excel. Experience with property management software (preferably YARDI)
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge
- Must be able and willing to travel to all company locations to carry out duties and responsibilities associated with compliance and occupancy issues
- Excellent administrative, organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent decision-making, interpersonal and time management skills. Ability to work under pressure and successfully meet deadlines
- Proven ability to conduct research, coordinate multiple projects, solve problems, prepare/update supporting documentation and maintain records
- Ability and willingness and sensitivity to work with a diverse, low-income, multi-ethnic population
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations; possess an even temperament and strong “people” skills with a commitment to customer service; and
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, to exercise tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality
- Two or more years prior housing property management experience as an affordable Housing Property Manager, especially in tax credit, or other subsidized, Supportive housing environment
Certifications or Licenses:
- California driver’s license desirable
- Certified Tax Credit Specialist and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) or attainment of within six (6) months of hire
- Approximately 40% of the job is done sitting, 30% standing and 30% walking
- Frequently walks, stoops, bends, squats (to retrieve files or pick up debris); climbs stairs, walks on uneven ground, lifts items less than 15 pounds, and reaches at, below, or above shoulder level
- Frequent face-to-face interactions with residents/staff/visitors and must speak clearly and articulate with extreme accuracy to give directions, talk on the phone, etc.
- Occasionally may lift items 16-50 pounds, push items 20 pounds, climb ladders, kneel, twist, or grasp/pull/carry/push equipment such as janitorial carts, vacuums, brooms, or mops. Must occasionally withstand heights up to the number of stories in the building
- Must be able to independently get to all areas of the property (including roof)
To review the full Floating Property Manager job duties and apply for the position, please click the link below. Please do not call.
Benefits and Other Information:
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check.**
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer