Property Management Receptionist
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking a regular part-time Property Management Receptionist at the California Hotel in Oakland, CA.
Part time, 30.0 hours per week; Monday to Tuesday from 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. and Friday to Saturday from 12:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
The Property Management Receptionist is to be point of contact for management and property administration and furnish customer service assistance to the public. Duties include, but are not limited to: greeting guests, answering incoming phone calls, preparing documents, operating office machines and performing other tasks as assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Point of contact for management and property administration: answering multi-line phone and greeting visitors, information and referral, and taking messages as needed
- Main office equipment in excellent working order, repairing basic problems (i.e. paper jams, changing toner), and calling service vendors for repairs as needed. Equipment includes photocopier, scanner, phone and fax, postage and voice mail machines
- Performs a variety of routine typing assignments as appropriate to the position.
- Assist in planning and coordinating meetings (reserve room, set agenda, organize speakers, arrange for foods/drinks)
- Assist in scheduling and preparing materials for regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Ensure professional appearance of common areas, including reception, photocopier, conference room, and kitchen areas
- Restocking all program rooms with adequate kitchen supplies
- Survey facility for property conditions requiring attention and follow-up
- May run various routine errands, as required
- Opens and routes incoming mail, flyers and announcements; distributes correspondence and other material to department staff/faculty
- Complete general clerical task as assigned by supervisor
- Participate in staff meetings and other EBALDC activities
- Knowledge of translation services
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Records maintenance experience helpful
- Must have exceptional receptionist and customer service skills
- Must be professional, courteous and friendly
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills, familiar with Word, Excel, Outlook. Microsoft Access a plus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively under stress in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Experience working with hard-to-reach populations preferred
- Experience with non-profit organization preferred
- Knowledge of standard office practices
- Ability to adapt to change
- Cantonese and Mandarin is helpful
- Essential functions of the position require the employee to use a telephone, work at a standard computer terminal and be able to follow reasonable ergonomic recommendations, sit for long periods of time, repetitive motions, stand, reach, lift and carry 20 pounds, and bend.
To apply for the Property Management Receptionist position, please click the link below. Please do not call.
Benefits and Other Information
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check.**
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer