Property Manager – Giant Road Apartments
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking a regular part-time, 30.0 hours per week,Property Manager at Giant Road Apartments, in San Pablo, CA.
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Property Manager is primarily responsible for the overall operation of the property which includes daily implementation and adherence to EBALDC policies and processes, assuring compliance with all regulatory agencies and investors, ensuring the physical condition is maintained daily, assuring the property’s sound fiscal management, and promoting social soundness of a property.
The Property Manager is responsible for initiating solutions to the unique issues and challenges of his/her property, directing the work performance of site personnel, service providers, and contractors in a manner requiring minimum supervision from the Property Supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Renting Activities
- Rent Collection
- Property Maintenance & Security
- Recordkeeping & Reporting
- Other Duties
- Provides immediate emergency services for the welfare and safety of the tenants
- Meets with tenants for organizational, functional, informational, and relational purposes
- Escorts authorized inspection personnel and visitors throughout the building, when necessary
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned
- Is available to tenants during EBALDC business hours
- Is available for reception of repairpersons and authorized inspection personnel
- Relates to tenants’ needs and communicates support services (e.g., electrician, plumber, maintenance person)
- Maintains an office on the premises in a business-like fashion
- Performs other activities or tasks not outlined above as assigned by Property Supervisor to ensure the viable operation of the property
- Participates in department, EBALDC and other staff meetings and activities
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum two (2) or more years prior housing property management experience as a Property Manager, especially in tax credit or other subsidized housing program
- Excellent administrative, organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Sound judgment
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and deal with them in an effective manner
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skills in problem solving with staff and residents
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people – personnel, residents, local agencies, contractors and owner
- Ability to take initiative and think independently
- Two or more years prior housing property management experience as a Property Manager, especially in tax credit or other subsidized housing
- Two or more years prior supervisory experience
- Experience certifying tenant incomes to meet Section 8 and HUD regulations
- Knowledge of low income housing tax credit regulations
- Background related to tenant population of building complex (i.e., handicapped, elderly, homeless) preferred
- Real Estate Sales License
- YARDI Software knowledge a plus
Certifications or Licenses:
- California driver’s license desirable.
- Certified Tax Credit Specialist and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) depending on property and regulatory structure or attainment of within six (6) months of hire.
- Approximately 40% of the job is done sitting, 30% standing and 30% walking
- Frequently walks, stoops, bends, squats (to retrieve files or pick up debris); climbs stairs, walks on uneven ground, lifts items less than 15 pounds, and reaches at, below, or above shoulder level
- Frequent face-to-face interactions with residents/staff/visitors and must speak clearly and articulate with extreme accuracy to give directions, talk on the phone, etc.
- Occasionally may lift items 16-50 pounds, push items 20 pounds, climb ladders, kneel, twist, or grasp/pull/carry/push equipment such as janitorial carts, vacuums, brooms, or mops. Must occasionally withstand heights up to the number of stories in the building
- Must be able to independently get to all areas of the property (including roof)
To apply for the Property Manager job description and apply for the position, please click the link below. Please do not call.
Benefits and Other Information:
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check.**
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer