Property Operations and Systems Analyst
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking a regular full time Property Operations and Systems Analyst in the Property Management department at the main office.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Property Management, the Property Operations and Systems Analyst is responsible for implementing, managing, and maintaining ongoing projects and its systems, conducting research and performance analysis, supporting communication and financial data flow between the portfolio and Corporate office. The Property Operations and Systems Analyst also support the Associate Director of Property Management and Property Management Supervisory Team, as necessary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the preparation of financial procedures to ensure fiscal control and accountability of the portfolio;
- Coordinates and prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial performance analysis of the portfolio to assist with monitoring progress in meeting financial performance standards;
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of property budgets which includes creating, forecasting, interpreting, analyzing and monitoring the P&L statements;
- Manages the Gross Potential Rent for the portfolio: Completes HAP Contract Increase packages upon renewal and facilitates Resident Increase notices for the portfolio, according to budget;
- Processes property centralized invoices;
- Acts as the interdepartmental liaison between departments to assist with providing relevant financial data analyses and summaries, and works with other departments on special projects as it relates to the organization’s portfolio;
- Maintains databases and files related to Property Operations, including managing vendor contracts and maintaining current property profile summaries and other related documents.
- Assists in the preparation and completion of compliance and regulatory reports to investors and regulatory agencies;
- Makes recommendations of department policies and procedures which will assist in streamlining efficiencies and systems improvements for the portfolio; and
- Assists the Director of Property Management, the Associate Director of Property Management, and Compliance Manager with special projects, as assigned.
YARDI Systems Support and Maintenance:
- Provide ongoing assessment and development of Yardi to identify any opportunities for process improvement and implement as needed;
- Set up new properties on Yardi, correct and update changes of the portfolio in order to comply with regulations from Low Income Tax Credit, HOME, Section 8, as well as from other funding agencies and regulatory authorities;
- Provide guidance and support to users by problem-solving on Yardi;
- Prepare training manual, provide group/individual training to staff who needs assistance in using Yardi;
- Direct Property Operations Administrative Assistant to correct ledgers and update rent charges for all properties, as needed;
- Monitor users’ activities and performance on Yardi to ensure month end procedures are followed;
- Coordinate with Yardi Support Service in development of custom reports and/or modified reports; and
- Perform other duties in relation to Yardi software.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and to follow instructions with minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Sound judgment, excellent assessment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to interface effectively with all members of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with, and sensitivity to, a diverse, low-income, multi ethnic population.
- High school level algebra and statistics
- One year system integration experience such as producing reports from cross-platform data
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Office 365)
- A strong knowledge of Yardi Voyager 7s (i.e., all its modules) as well as its applications to residential property management
- Three years of work experience in a similar capacity
- Working knowledge of processes associated with property operations and accounting
- Excellent communication skills with a high orientation to customer service
- High attention to detail
- Four-year college degree
- Knowledge of Accounting Software (Sales force, Wikispace, Smartsheet, Dropbox, and Google Doc’s)
- Three plus years’ experience with Yardi, in an administrative capacity
- Proven track record in providing end user at various levels of an organization
- Work experience in a similar industry
- On-site affordable property management experience desired
To apply for the Property Operations and Systems Analyst position, please click the link below. Please do not call.
Benefits and Other Information:
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check.**
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer