Resident Services Coordinator – Housing Acquisition Fund
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking a temporary full time, 37.5 hours per week, Resident Services Coordinator – Housing Acquisition Fund (HAF) in East Oakland, CA.
Temporary assignment will be end by December 31, 2018 and this position may require some evenings & weekends schedules.
We are seeking a highly experienced Resident Services Coordinator to be based in East Oakland, who can assist EBALDC in the development of a new service-oriented program to engage and support residents of our HAF properties. These properties include a wide array of residents, from those who are fairly stable and self-sufficient, to those who need higher levels of individual support and connection to resources. The Resident Service Coordinator will provide direct services to a portion of our HAF residents, and work with HAF staff at EBALDC to develop a plan for further resident engagement and services at other existing and future HAF properties. This is a unique opportunity to provide services outside the traditional affordable housing model and to develop a program that can have broader implications in the Oakland housing market. This position is grant funded, expecting to terminate by December 31, 2018.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide one-on-one resident assistance for individual needs, including support with public benefits programs, housing stability assistance, employment supports, and budgeting.
- Build partnerships, work with community service providers, enlist volunteers, and participate in planning and trainings to enrich programs on site.
- Recruit and build relationships with residents in an inclusive manner through door-knocking, one-on-one meetings, quarterly newsletters, fliers, phone calls, and other methods as deemed effective.
- Communicate with residents regarding EBALDC ownership and vision of a keeping the complex affordable.
- Coordinate on-going resident community engagement activities which could include programs such as coffee hours, BINGO, walking groups, game days, food distributions, and craft programs.
- Facilitate planning and host a variety of community events and resident meetings in collaboration with Property Management and Real Estate Development with a goal of building neighbor connectedness.
- Work with Property Management and Real Estate Development staff towards common goals of resident engagement, housing stability, and property and neighborhood safety.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of three years of experience working with families or seniors required.
- Direct service experience in low-income, diverse neighborhoods is required.
- Ability to lead and develop resident planning processes through facilitating group decision making and feedback is preferred.
- Ability to motivate and build resident involvement and participation is required.
- Willingness to undertake a flexible work schedule, including attending occasional night and weekend activities is required.
- Ability to relate to people of diverse socioeconomic and ethnic/racial backgrounds
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Preference to fields connected to social services, health services, or community organizing.
This job requires simple grasping and fine manipulation, sitting at a desk and using a computer for extended periods of time, moderate use of telephone, standing, walking, bending, and reaching. Requires ability to travel to multiple sites within Oakland, and occasional lifting or moving of objects up to 25 pounds. Also required is:
- Ability and willingness to assist with event set up, such as moving tables and lifting boxes.
- Ability to sit in a chair for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs to outreach to residents.
To review the Resident Services Coordinator full job duties and apply for the position, please click the link below. Please do not call.
Benefits and Other Information:
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check.**
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer