Resident Services Coordinator (LCC)
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking a regular full time Resident Services Coordinator at the Lion Creek Crossings in Oakland, CA.
Lion Creek Crossings is a 567 unit family and senior housing complex located in East Oakland. Our service team for this property includes 2.6 service coordinators, 4 youth program staff, and a service manager. As a member of Lion Creek Crossings Resident Services team, the Resident Services Coordinator provide resident services programs at Lion Creek Crossing (65% time) and lead young adult career and job readiness programs (35% time).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resident Service Coordination and Individual Assistance
- Provide one-on-one resident assistance for individual needs, including support with public benefits programs, housing stability assistance, employment supports, and budgeting.
- Work with residents on property concerns and support conflict mediation, crisis intervention, housekeeping issues, and housing re-certifications.
- Develop referrals to provide to residents to address other individual needs.
- Build partnerships, work with community service providers, enlist volunteers, and participate in planning and trainings to enrich programs on site.
- Manage and operate the Family Resource Center computers and Lion’s Pride Technology Center.
- Support the Lion Creek Crossings, Lion’s Pride, and SparkPoint Oakland (SPO) team with projects and programs as needed.
Resident Community Building and Leadership Development
- Recruit and build relationships with residents in an inclusive manner through door-knocking, one-on-one meetings, fliers, phone calls, and other methods as deemed effective.
- Facilitate planning, coordinate and host resident community engagement activities with a goal of building neighbor connectedness.
- Facilitate property meetings and provide follow up notes to community.
- Build relationships with community based organizations and connect residents with engagement opportunities at with local programs and events.
- Support the development of resident groups, associations, or committees as requested by residents, including supporting residents in participation with the EBALDC Resident Leadership Council.
- Support individual resident leaders with leadership development tools, training, and connection to leadership opportunities.
Partnerships and Property Management Coordination
- Meet with Property Management staff and team members on a weekly basis, towards common goals of resident engagement, housing stability, and property and neighborhood safety.
Young Adult Career and Adult Readiness
- Outreach to Lion Creek Crossing teens and young adults for onsite programs and referral services.
- Organize and host teen and young adult leadership, teen job readiness, and teen college readiness programs.
- Organize and host teen and young adult community engagement and social events.
- Co-manage and co-train Lion’s Pride Program paid young adult volunteer assistants.
- Build partnerships with community organizations to support teen and young adult placement into volunteer, job, leadership and out of school time programs off site.
- Outreach and assist teens and young adults to apply and enroll in volunteer, job, leadership and out of school time programs.
- Provide one-on-one counseling to teens and their families.
Data & Reporting
- Maintain electronic case files of individual work with residents.
- Enter data regarding residents’ attendance at events, groups, and engagement in the community.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required by supervisors, partnerships, or grant requirements.
- Maintain regular communication with Resident Services Manager to discuss coordination of events, administration of computer lab, and external providers.
- Attend cross-property resident meetings, department meetings, and other EBALDC events.
- Attend community meetings and special events as required. Meetings may occur during the evening.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant work experience required. Preference to fields connected to social services, health services, employment or community organizing.
- At least two years of professional experience working with teens and/or young adults.
- Familiarity with East Bay network of nonprofit service providers, especially those offered to teens and families.
- Spanish or Arabic fluency preferred but not required.
- Tech-savvy individual is required. This includes strong familiarity with database systems and strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet-based research and communication.
- Ability to lead and develop resident planning processes through facilitating group decision making and feedback is preferred.
- Ability to motivate and build resident involvement and participation is preferred
- Ability to relate to people of diverse socioeconomic and ethnic/racial backgrounds.
- Experience interacting in a culturally diverse environment
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Willingness to undertake a flexible work schedule, including attending occasional night and weekend activities.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities.
This job requires simple grasping and fine manipulation, sitting at a desk and using a computer for extended periods of time, moderate use of telephone, standing, walking, bending, and reaching. Also required is:
- Ability and willingness to assist with event set up, such as moving tables and lifting boxes.
- Ability to sit in a chair for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs to outreach to residents.
To review the full Resident Services Coordinator (LCC) job duties and apply for the position, please click the link below. Please do not call.
Benefits and Other Information:
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check.**
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer