Resident Services Coordinator – West Oakland
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking a regular full time, Resident Services Coordinator for West Oakland. This position may require some evenings and weekends schedule.
The Resident Services Coordinator for West Oakland will be based at three of EBALDC’s properties: Oakland Point LP, Slim Jenkins Court, and Avalon Senior Housing. Oakland Point LP includes 31 scattered site apartments for families in the Lower Bottoms neighborhood of West Oakland centered around a community space with a computer lab. Slim Jenkins Court is a 32 unit apartment complex for families and is also in the Lower Bottoms. Avalon Senior Housing includes 67 units of housing for seniors and is located in Emeryville.
The Resident Services Coordinator will work in partnership with EBALDC’s Property Management to coordinate services at these three buildings, including: providing individual assistance such as benefits enrollment, employment support, resource referral, and crisis intervention support to residents at the buildings; supporting resident involvement in community activities and leadership development opportunities; coordinating with Property Management staff to ensure residents stay stably housed; and participating in other NED department activities as required. The goal for all resident services staff is to help improve the quality of life and ensure stability for all EBALDC residents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resident Service Coordination and Individual Assistance
- Resident Community Building and Leadership Development
- Partnerships and Property Management Coordination
- Data & Reporting
- Attend meeting and provide other support as required by Supervisors
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant work experience required. Preference to fields connected to gerontology, mental health services, social services, health services, or community organizing.
- Experience working with families or seniors in a housing setting and familiarity with property management is required.
- Direct service experience in low-income, diverse neighborhoods is required.
- Experience working with programming for seniors and individuals with special needs is preferred.
- Familiarity with East Bay network of nonprofit service providers, especially those offered to families and seniors is preferred.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet-based research and communication is required.
- Ability to lead and develop resident planning processes through facilitating group decision making and feedback is preferred.
- Ability to motivate and build resident involvement and participation is preferred.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of service providers to ensure services are delivered is preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions is required.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate program effectiveness and efficiency is required.
- Willingness to undertake a flexible work schedule, including attending occasional night and weekend activities is required.
- Ability to relate to people of diverse socioeconomic and ethnic/racial backgrounds
- Passing DOJ and other background checks is required.
This job requires simple grasping and fine manipulation, sitting at a desk and using a computer for extended periods of time, moderate use of telephone, standing, walking, bending, and reaching. Requires ability to travel to multiple sites within Oakland, and occasional lifting or moving of objects up to 25 pounds. Also required is:
- Ability and willingness to assist with event set up, such as moving tables and lifting boxes.
- Ability to sit in a chair for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs to outreach to residents.
To review and apply for the Resident Services Coordinator position, please click the link below. Please do not call.
Benefits and Other Information:
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check.**
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer