Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Site Coordinator
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking a temporary full time, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Site Coordinator at the main office in Oakland, CA.
December 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017: 18.75 hours per week
January 2, 2018 to April 29, 2018: 37.50 hours per week
The VITA Site Coordinator will support our Oakland Chinatown site with coordination, organization, and supervision for all aspects of the daily VITA site operations. The Site Coordinator is also responsible for gathering, maintaining and compiling timely statistical reports as required by our funders and partners. Advanced tax preparation training will be provided.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Daily Site Operations
- Supervise and Manage VITA Volunteers
- Provide Tax Assistance and Ensure Quality Services
- Provide assistance and support other EBALDC and VITA activities as required
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Commitment to professionalism, customer service and punctuality.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail. Commitment to professionalism, customer service and punctuality.
- Clear communication and fluency in English (written and spoken) and Cantonese (spoken) REQUIRED. Ability to read and write in Chinese and additional fluency in Mandarin strongly preferred.
- Great interpersonal skills and comfort with a wide range of people. Ability to work well with, respect, and assist low-income and limited English clients.
- Ability to manage and coordinate a group of volunteers from diverse backgrounds. Past experience leading groups or coordinating events a plus.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision. Have proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while commanding strong attention to details and accuracy.
- Past tax experience and basic knowledge of topics such as taxpayer requirements, filing status, tax credits, deductions and general tax assistance issues a plus!
- Computer skills appropriate for setting up workstations on a daily basis, and maintaining site records and troubleshooting software and hardware problems. Commitment to confidentiality of volunteers’ and clients’ personal information.
- Must be able to work flexible, variable hours from January through April. Must have availability specifically on Saturdays 9am – 5pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 12 – 8pm.
- Continued employment is contingent on receiving a passing score on the IRS Basic Certification and IRS Advanced Certification tests (training provided).
- Ability to complete data entry using a computer keyboard for several hours per day.
- Ability to lift/move up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to navigate the VITA site throughout operating hours, which may require walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by moderate to high noise levels due to multiple conversations occurring in an enclosed area. Ability to communicate effectively with VITA Volunteers, clients and EBALDC staff in this environment.
To review the full VITA Site Coordinator job duties and apply for the position, please click the link below. Please do not call.
Benefits and Other Information:
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check.**
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer