East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking a Desk Clerk in various schedule at the San Pablo Hotel, 1955 San Pablo Avenue, Oakland, CA 94612.
The Desk Clerk is mainly in responsible on monitoring the front door, other exit doors and security camera. Contacting the appropriate on-call staff or emergency services for any emergency.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor front door, other exit doors, and security camera.
- Keep records of any unusual activity in the log book.
- Respond to emergency situations by contacting the appropriate on-call staff or emergency services.
- Monitor sign-in and sign-out for visitors, personnel, service providers, and etc.
- Investigate and inform Property Administrator of any unusual personnel and activity.
- Fill out and log in work orders when residents request repairs.
- Check building equipment such as phones, alarms, elevator, windows, and doors.
- Advise incoming shift personnel of any unusual occurrences during their shift.
- Keep an accurate and complete record of key log when personnel check key out and in for the building.
- Assist in keeping all common areas neat and tidy.
- Assist with re-certifications.
- Assist in office duties as assigned by Property Administrator.
- Insure that office and other common areas are locked as assigned.
- Assist in evening/weekend activities as necessary; monitor after hours meeting of outside groups using our facilities.
- Enforce House Rules and policies. Responsible for building safety during his / her shift.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the building during his / her shift.
- Check parking lot and ensure that only authorized cars are parked there.
- Wear the assigned uniform (white shirt/blouse with black pant/skirt) and keep the uniform neat and clean during his / her shift.
- Participate in department, EBALDC and other staff meetings & activities
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- At least a year of apartment desk clerk / security job experience required.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of HUD guidelines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with variety of people, personnel, residents, local agencies, and owner.
- Ability to take initiative and think independently.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to work different shifts.
- Essential functions of the position require the employee to use a telephone, work at a standard computer terminal and be able to follow reasonable ergonomic recommendations, sit for long periods of time, repetitive motions, stand, reach, lift and carry 20 pounds, and bend.
To apply the Desk Clerk position, please click the link below. Please do not call.
Benefits and Other Information
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check.**
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer.