Maintenance Site Supervisor - California Hotel
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking a regular full time Maintenance Site Supervisor in the Property Management department at California Hotel, 3501 San Pablo Avenue, Oakland, CA 94608.
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Under direction, the Maintenance Site Supervisor is responsible in making ready vacant units and overall repairs and maintenance of all rental units, common area facilities, grounds and other work required or necessary to make ready the marketability of the units and preserve the buildings. The Maintenance Site Supervisor performs skilled and semi-skilled tasks, conducting, preparing, performing and/or directing maintenance and custodial staff in insuring that the buildings provide a comfortable, healthy and safe environment for residents and employees; providing assistance in resident or building improvement construction or remodeling projects, in or about the property. Due to the nature of the work, the job holder is required to carry a Nextel radio or other electronic devices to respond to property emergency calls in a timely manner, and if necessary, in person.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance Duties
- Maintenance Planning & Budgeting
- Safety Program & Training
- Record Keeping
- Other assigned projects
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced or mid (journeyman) level knowledge in all building repair trades, purchasing procedures and practices, work safety requirements, and repair procedures.
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records.
- Advanced or mid (journeyman) level knowledge in electrical, plumbing, construction and preventive maintenance work.
- Working knowledge of custodial procedures.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to direct and/or perform the following:
- repairs to building appliances and fixtures
- repair and change locks
- replace floor tile
- clear clogged drains
- repair or replace plumbing fixtures
- patch holes in walls
- clean unit interiors
- perform miscellaneous carpentry repairs
- perform minor masonry duties
- interior and exterior painting
- Computer literate
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects, climb ladders, perform duties requiring extensive maneuverability and normal strength.
To review the full Maintenance Site Supervisor job description and apply for the position, please click the link below. Please do not call.