Property Managers - multiple sites
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking one (1) regular full time Property Manager in Oakland.
- Jack London Gateway Senior Housing and Swan's Apartment
- Prosperity Place (*required living on-site) and Madrone Hotel - filled
- Frank G. Mar Apartments - filled
- Marcus Garvey Common and Slim Jenkins Court - filled
- Effie’s House and Oakland Point L.P. - filled
- Oak Park and Seven Directions (*required living on-site) - filled
- Giant Road Apartments and Lillie Mae Jones - filled
- Hismen Hin-Nu Terrace (*required living on-site) - filled
The Property Manager is primarily responsible for the overall operation of the property which includes daily implementation and adherence to EBALDC policies and processes, assuring compliance with all regulatory agencies and investors, ensuring the physical condition is maintained daily, assuring the property’s sound fiscal management, and promoting social soundness of a property.
The Property Manager is responsible for initiating solutions to the unique issues and challenges of his/her property, directing the work performance of site personnel, service providers, and contractors in a manner requiring minimum supervision from the Property Supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Renting Activites
- Rent Collection
- Property Maintenance & Security
- Recordkeepying & Reporting
- Other Duties
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum two (2) or more years prior housing property management experience as a Property Manager, especially in tax credit or other subsidized housing program
- Excellent administrative, organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Sound judgment
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and deal with them in an effective manner
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skills in problem solving with staff and residents
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people - personnel, residents, local agencies, contractors and owner
- Ability to take initiative and think independently
- Two or more years prior housing property management experience as a Property Manager, especially in tax credit or other subsidized housing
- Two or more years prior supervisory experience
- Experience certifying tenant incomes to meet Section 8 and HUD regulations
- Knowledge of low income housing tax credit regulations
- Background related to tenant population of building complex (i.e., handicapped, elderly, homeless) preferred
- Real Estate Sales License
- YARDI Software knowledge a plus
- Second Language Skill a plus
- Cantonese Chinese prefers at Frank G. Mar Apartments
Certifications or Licenses:
- California driver’s license desirable.
- Certified Tax Credit Specialist and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) depending on property and regulatory structure or attainment of within six (6) months of hire.
- Approximately 40% of the job is done sitting, 30% standing and 30% walking
- Frequently walks, stoops, bends, squats (to retrieve files or pick up debris); climbs stairs, walks on uneven ground, lifts items less than 15 pounds, and reaches at, below, or above shoulder level
- Frequent face-to-face interactions with residents/staff/visitors and must speak clearly and articulate with extreme accuracy to give directions, talk on the phone, etc.
- Occasionally may lift items 16-50 pounds, push items 20 pounds, climb ladders, kneel, twist, or grasp/pull/carry/push equipment such as janitorial carts, vacuums, brooms, or mops. Must occasionally withstand heights up to the number of stories in the building
- Must be able to independently get to all areas of the property (including roof)
To review the full Property Manager and apply for the position, please click the link below. Please do not call.
Benefits and Other Information
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.