Resident Services Coordinator - Lion Creek Crossings
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking a regular full Resident Services Coordinator at Lion Creek Crossings (Phase V) in Oakland, CA.
The Resident Services Coordinator at Lion Creek Crossings has a unique position in which the person provides services to a 128-unit senior affordable building while also working in tandem with the at-large 439-unit Lion Creek Crossings community and the Family Resource Center team. Lion Creek Crossings is a diverse community. The senior building is approximately 22% Mandarin-speaking, 23% Cantonese-speaking, and 50% English-speaking.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is interested in working with an active group of seniors, and able to bridge cultural and other divides to ensure that our residents are a strong part of the East Oakland community. In partnership with the property management, the Family Resource Center, and the Resident Services Manager, the Resident Services Coordinator will facilitate resident services, with duties including: planning and organizing community events; providing support with individual resident needs such as referrals, benefits application assistance; designing and recruiting new services to meet the needs of the residents and partnering with the Family Resource Center staff to provide services to the community at-large.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Resident Service Coordination and Individual Assistance
- Provide one-on-one resident assistance for individual needs including support with public benefits programs especially SSDI, Medicare, IHSS, and housing re-certifications.
- Provide support for individual needs through referrals.
- Provide verbal interpretation in Mandarin and Cantonese and periodic written Chinese translation as needed when providing services.
- Build partnerships, work with community service providers, enlist volunteers, and participate in planning and trainings to enrich programs on site.
- Coordinate services with community partners, such as the Center for Elders’ Independence, to ensure residents are able to age in place.
- Manage and operate computer laboratory to be used by residents.
- Manage service agreements, partnerships, and volunteers.
- Coordinator on-going resident community engagement activities which could include programs such as BINGO, walking groups, game days, food distributions, and craft programs.
Coordinate resident events and leadership development opportunities
- Recruit and build relationships with residents through door-knocking, one-on-one meetings, fliers, phone calls, and other methods as deemed effective.
- Promote resident leadership and community engagement among residents.
- Facilitate resident meetings in tandem with the Family Resource Center.
- Manage and assist with volunteer and resident-designed programs.
- Facilitate planning and host large community events such as holiday parties.
Coordinate with property management staff and supervisors at facility
- Work with Property Management and the Resident Services Manager to identify residents who have housing stability issues and assist those residents in staying housed.
- Maintain regular communication with Resident Services Manager to discuss coordination of events, administration of computer lab, and external providers.
Data & Reporting
- Maintain electronic case files of individual work with residents.
- Enter data regarding residents’ attendance at events, groups, and engagement in the community.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required by supervisors, partnerships, or grant requirements.
Participate in department, EBALDC and other staff meetings and activities
- Attend cross-property resident meetings, department meetings, and other EBALDC events.
- Attend community meetings; participate in organizational events, and special events as required. Meetings may occur during the evening.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin speaking, reading, and writing required
- Two years of college or two years of relevant work experience. Preference to fields connected to gerontology, social services, or community organizing.
- Experience working with seniors in a social services setting preferred.
- Familiarity with East Bay network of nonprofit service providers, especially those offered to seniors.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet-based research and communication.
- Ability to lead and develop resident planning processes through facilitating group decision making and feedback.
- Ability to motivate and build resident involvement and participation
- Ability to work with a diverse group of service providers to ensure services are delivered.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate program effectiveness and efficiency
- Willingness to undertake a flexible work schedule, including attending occasional night and weekend activities
- Ability to relate to people of diverse socioeconomic and ethnic/racial backgrounds
- Ability and willingness to assist with event set up, such as moving tables and lifting boxes.
- Ability to sit in a chair for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs to outreach to residents.
To apply for the Resident Services Coordinator position, please click the link below. Please do not call.
Benefits and Other Information
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check.**
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer.