Financial Services Coordinator - SparkPoint Oakland
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is seeking a regular part-time, 22.5 to 30.0 hours per week, Financial Services Coordinator for SparkPoint Oakland. This position is required to have some evenings and weekends schedule.
Our main goals at SparkPoint Oakland are to increase income, improve client credit, decrease debt, and increase their savings. EBALDC pilots and supports many programs to further these outcomes, including Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), our Matched Savings Program, and a youth financial literacy program with our own custom curriculum (Money Savvy Youth). NED is seeking a Financial Services Coordinator for SparkPoint Oakland to further these goals by providing individual financial coaching and counseling services, financial education workshops, and VITA services. The SparkPoint Oakland Center is based in East Oakland, but this position might recruit clients from East Oakland, West Oakland, or in other neighborhoods where EBALDC works. This position is responsible for coordinating services and programming for adults to gain the knowledge, skills, confidence, and access to safe products for greater financial stability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Counseling & Coaching (40% FTE)
- Provide direct financial counseling and coaching services to clients, both community members and EBALDC residents, including those at Lion Creek Crossings, EBALDC’s largest affordable housing site;
- Assist clients in developing personal financial goals and coach towards achieving those goals;
- Maintain clear and consistent communication and regularly follow-up with program participants via phone calls, mailings, and one-on-one meetings;
- Provide support, training, and financial counseling resources for Resident Services Coordinators based at our housing sites;
- Support client participation in our Matched Savings Program by reviewing program guidelines, enrolling into the program, tracking savings over time, and coaching throughout the process;
- Develop and provide financial education workshops to residents and community members as identified by the SparkPoint Oakland Manager. Some workshops may take place on the weekends or in the evening;
- Maintain accurate electronic and paper program files, and track participant outcomes and progress toward program and personal financial goals;
- In line with SparkPoint Oakland, develop content materials including outreach materials, program agreements, and evaluation tools as needed.
VITA Program & Savings Initiative (10%)
- Participate in training opportunities and planning meetings for VITA from September – January;
- During the tax season from January – April of each year, work in collaboration with other Financial Service Coordinators to support the operations of the Lion Creek Crossings VITA Site as an IRS-Certified Tax Preparer;
- Integrate asset building opportunities through EBALDC’s Savings Initiative by encouraging clients to save their refunds;
- Follow up with VITA clients who are interested in further financial coaching opportunities by connecting them with other SparkPoint services;
- Open prepaid debit cards and provide referrals to banking and other services.
General Administration (10% FTE)
- Work with the SparkPoint Oakland Manager to prepare funding applications and reports for funders;
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required by supervisors, partnerships, or grant requirements;
- Work with the Supervisor to prepare funding applications and reports for funders;
- Attend property resident meetings, department meetings, and other EBALDC events;
- Attend community meetings or networks for policy and advocacy opportunities;
- Provide other support as required by supervisors.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of two years of experience providing financial education or asset building programs, with high level financial coaching, credit management, or debt reduction skills;
- Ability to provide services in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin), Spanish, or Arabic preferred;
- A minimum of two years of experience providing direct services;
- Requires strong organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail;
- Works independently and effectively to prioritize multiple tasks and manage changing deadlines;
- Experience working with a diverse, and low-income community;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and data entry;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities;
- Pass DOJ and other background checks.
This job requires simple grasping and fine manipulation, sitting at a desk and using a computer for extended periods of time, moderate use of telephone, standing, walking, bending, and reaching. Requires ability to travel to multiple sites within Oakland, and occasional lifting or moving of objects up to 25 pounds.
To apply for the Financial Services Coordinator position, please click the link below. Please do not call.
Benefits and Other Information
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check.**
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer